Today I sat in traffic for about a half hour longer than I expected to…and I spent the time in thought. I have attempted to think more in positive vibes and less in angry brain waves…today I failed at that.
There some subject topics that are inane…just, purely, idiotic, inane, stupid, ridiculous, unnecessary (Yes, I know those all fall in the same boat, but I’m not a happy camper right now). Some are acceptable, some are not. This is merely my rant, my personal opinion.
Not Acceptable Inane Topics
- my health….particularly if I’m not part of the conversation
- Whether I have the ability to DO MY JOB BASED ON MY HEALTH …. [I wish this was something I made up that someone said, but it’s not]
- If I can handle GRAD SCHOOL BASED ON MY HEALTH
- If I’m doing what I should do to take care of my body
- If I’m on the right medication for my body – if you aren’t my rheumatologist or neurologist, I don’t care about your opinion…
- If I have the ability to hold my title BASED ON MY HEALTH
- what kind of workouts I should do based on my health
- basically any questions about my health/health decisions unless you’re my best friend, one of my specialists, immediate family, boyfriend, or yoga teacher please just hush
- If I’ve gained/lost weight since Miss NC
- any questions about what I’m eating…*I Just PHYSICALLY shook my head at this
- how I use my earned PTO days….they’re to see doctors, but if they weren’t that’s my business, just like your PTO days are your business
- if I should spend my time/energy/money on volunteerism/philanthropy/donations
- if one person can handle an MA in history while also working full-time
- how grad school went for you so it’ll also be hard for me (according to you); yes it is really hard to manage a full-time job, a MAO title, volunteerism, doing what I need to do health wise, grad school, and trying to find the right meds for my pain disorder and autoimmune disorder
- basically anything negative about me – most of it does make its way back to me…
Acceptable (potentially) Inane Topics
- Do I need anything/how am I feeling/how can you help
- how did I feel about Ellen’s Game of Game’s last night (clearly a Wednesday conversation) like how funny was that guy’s dance?
- What’s the best book I read recently (most recent suggestions “I, Ripper” or “Blood and Salt”….more to come on this *hopefully* soon)
- Have I seen the new meme trend yet?
- Am I excited both my College Team and NFL team made it as far as they could #patsnation #dawgs
- How are my cats? (I guarantee they did something funny recently)
- Can I show you this cute [baby or adult] elephant picture?
- Genuine concern about my health/medication/treatment and trying to help
- Book suggestions of bomb books you’ve read
- beer suggestions … from me to you or you to me
- where you had an awesome app/sushi roll/entree/dessert earlier this week and what it is so I can order it
- what Yoga With Adriene video/series I’m loving right now
- If I want to go grab coffee…the answer is always yes
- What show or movie I should watch on my AppleTv next
So…Today’s life lesson, don’t be mean, be nice. I promise I’m nice in response, seriously.